Consumers can use their Microsoft account credentials to log in to your website. With each login, you automatically sync user profile data, ensuring that any updates to social profiles are automatically modified in your database. This method of login streamlines the sign-in and registration processes, offering a convenient alternative to create accounts wherever needed.
By providing the social login with Microsoft on your site, your consumers and visitors can experience a better UX/UI. Almost everyone is perpetually logged in on their social accounts, especially to their Microsoft sites, and apps (ecommerce or otherwise) would do great to provide social login.
The following are the benefits of Microsoft Social Login:
- Easy and hassle-free registration for consumers who have a Microsoft account as it skips the filling of lengthy forms.
- Increase the chances of converting the leads to Consumers and speed up the business/sale by doing #1.
- Users can also login without remembering their user ID and Password.
- Data collection of visitors and consumers can be automated to build profiles and personas.
- Personalize the site for visitors and run future promotions using info gathered by doing automation.
- Trust can be created by showing visitors and consumers reviews of your product written by their friends/family on the social network they use to log in.
- Increase your reach, generate brand awareness, and build communities by harnessing social platforms.
- Also, you can run the loyalty and referral programs with social invites.
Before you begin you should have an email address, Skype ID or phone number and a password to sign in via Microsoft social provider. The email address which you use for your Microsoft account, can be from Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Gmail, Yahoo or other providers. If you don’t have one, create one now.
First you need to configure an app on Microsoft. While doing this, Microsoft will generate an Application (client) ID and a Client Secret for your application; make note of these as you will need to provide these credentials while setting up your app.
- To implement the social login via the UI, you need to configure the Social Provider. Click here for more information .
- If you want to implement the Social Login via the JS interface, this URL will help you:
In this article, we talked about applying Social login using a Microsoft account and how it will enhance businesses. This feature removes the user's mental load to remember each password created on different websites. However, before implementing any functionality on your website, analyze and consider the pros and cons from every possible angle.