How Personalized Marketing can be made simple with Identity Management
Lets face it, customer marketing is changing rapidly. You can no longer simply use generic advertisements of any product, and target nobody in particular. Marketing now has to be personal with every brand interaction, regardless of the channel or touch point.
In order to build data that is highly customizable, you need to strategically collect information. You need to be able to understand what they like and how they behave, so that you can properly market to them.
To do this, you need modern identity management software — customer identity and access management (cIAM) to be exact.
Personalized vs. privacy
This is where it can get tricky. Customers now expect a seamless and unified experience across all the platforms. It is no longer considered a luxury to have personalized promotions, special offers and interactions. It is now a requirement.
The problem marketers can have, is creating the personalized and consistent experience across all the platforms, when customers are unwilling to hand over the very information required to do so.
The cIAM system is the solution to this dilemma. It can simultaneously incorporate the great customer experience, secure personal data, as well as allow companies to gain the deeper insights into their customers profiles.
Here are some of the ways cIAM does this:
1.Traditional login doesn’t cut it anymore
Simple identity tools act as a barrier between a user and a service. For example, if a user has to enter their credentials and create multiple identities for every platform, they’re not going to bother.
By unifying the registration process with tools like social-login, and single sign-on, brands can provide a seamless user experience. Customers are able to use a single identity to navigate multiple web and mobile assets. This can improve your conversion, as customers now get seamless access to other grouped properties. This can minimizes the likelihood of a missed interaction and also improve the overall brand experience.
2. Collecting more Personalized data with Identity Management
Another benefit for using these tools, specifically LoginRadius’ single sign-on (SSO), is that you can go beyond the market level and gain a deeper understanding of who is interacting with your brand. Some of the ways SSO can do this includes:
- Identify Who the Data Belongs to: The first step to unifying data is to identify who the data belongs to. This is only possible when you have deployed a single identity across all of your digital properties.
- Assign that Identity to the Data: Once data has been identified, you can assign the data to that ID and build a unified profile.
- Centralize Your Customer Data by:
- Gather Social Data: With LoginRadius’ Social Login offering, your customers use their social identities instead of creating a new profile, allowing us to gather social data for you.
- Collect Non-standard Data: You might have other means of gathering non-profile data such as purchase history, subscription info, support queries etc; you can assign this data to the customer identity.
- Create a Centralized Profile: Regardless of the data source, LoginRadius centralizes this data in a unified profile for each customer, providing a single view.
- A Single Customer View: Removing identity and data silos results in a single customer view and a perfect understanding of your customers at a personal level. This can ultimately help:
- Reduce Dependence on Engineering Teams: Removing data silos with LoginRadius allows your engineering teams to spend their time working on what matters most.
- Improve Marketing Efficiency: A seamless flow of customer data, combined with a Single Customer View, automatically drives the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing efforts.
By integrating the data and unifying the customer data, your company can access that information and comb through it for a much more detailed customer profile. This can then enable a more targeted and personalized interaction. You would be able to create promotions and offers that are personalized and provide consumers exactly when and what they want.
3. Privacy, Privacy, Privacy
The thing that seems to be on everyone’s mind: ensuring that consumers personal information is safe. cIAM can provide the required security to ensure that customer data is safe. The tools that are used for example, can prevent the wrong individuals from accessing others personal information. Some of the tools that LoginRadius utilizes includes:
- Two Factor/ Multi-Factor Authentication: a second layer of security that requires users to verify their access either through SMS messaging, automated phone calls, Social Login, security questions or authenticator apps.
- Risk Based Authentication: intelligently confirm if a user’s identity or account has been compromised. Using easy to set up rules you can identify a user based on criteria like: current location, past logins, and browser or device IDs. Using this criteria, you can create a Risk Profile to spot behaviour out of character for that user and trigger action to lessen any potential malicious activity.
Personalized Marketing and cIAM
It’s pretty clear that a simple login system isn’t going to cut it anymore. Modern identity management is something that goes beyond gatekeeping your product and instead actually offers you and your users value.
This highly targeted and personalized marketing is very attainable with the right tools. Reach out to LoginRadius to learn how cIAM can help you meet your marketing goals.