Unified Customer Identities: Better Customer Experience and Increased Sales
The growing importance of customer experience is forcing organizations to become focused on improving that experience. Processes, offers and content need to be tightly aligned with the customers’ likes and interests. Organizations need a solution that can help them collect customer profile data so that they can improve the customer experience, generate additional revenue, and increase the overall lifetime value of the customer.
The solution to this problem is Customer Identity Access Management (cIAM). cIAM platforms improve the customer experience by generating customer-friendly processes. This includes:
- Creating super-easy registration processes,
- Managing customer profiles,
- Providing a secure environment for authorized customers.
Unleash the Power of Data
Because they provide an integration with social media and a robust platform for managing your customer data, they are uniquely positioned to help solve your customer experience problems. They can help you augment your customer data with social media insights:
- What are your customers’ likes and interests on social media?
- Where do they like to vacation?
- What are their hobbies and pastimes?
- Which brands do they interact with?
This is all additional data that you can use to build out your customer’s’ profile to properly segment your customer base and better target your offers and content. It’s pretty simple stuff and not hard to implement.
What do you do if your e-commerce business has multiple properties and channels? How do you leverage this augmented customer profile in an omnichannel world? The answer again lies in a foundational concept of cIAM called the Unified Customer Identity.
What is a Unified Customer Identity?
A Unified Customer Identity is an encapsulation of customer data from all available sources:
- Data you collected at registration
- Insights added from social sources
- Progressive profile data collected over time
- Purchase history
- Content engagement history
- Subscriptions history
LoginRadius consolidates this data into a single profile, stored and available within your cIAM platform. This Unified Customer Identity is then connected to your entire digital ecosystem using integration APIs.
A good cIAM platform will also offer a wide range of integrations with other platforms such as: e-commerce, CRM, marketing automation, CMS and data management platforms. Now, no matter which channel you choose to interact with your customer you will have access to a complete customer profile.
What are the Benefits of a Unified Customer Identity?
Centralized customer data, allows you to offer targeted products and services based on customer preferences and interests. Following this practice will create higher customer engagements throughout the customer’s journey.
- High Customer Engagements And Increased Revenue: Using Unified Customer Identities help you better target and segment your customers based on their interests and needs. Unified customer profiles ensures that your messaging and offers are always on target and can help boost sales.
- Increased Customer Loyalty: Better and more finely-tuned segmentation that results in a great customer experience keeps those customers coming back. Having a unified view of your customer means that no matter the channel, you always knows your customer.
- Eliminate Customer Data Silos: Having a single, comprehensive view of your customer’s data across your organization rather than getting partial views in bits and pieces can eliminate issues such as, inappropriate or off-target offers, content that is not relevant, a poor customer experience and a customer support backlog.
To learn more about how a Customer Identity Management Solution can help improve your business or to see a demo of how this works contact us.